Winchester U3A Data Usage
Winchester U3A collects data from Members when they join by using an Application Form and a Standing Order Request form.
The data is recorded from the Application Form into a spreadsheet of Members held by the Membership Secretary.
This consists of:-
Title, Known Name, Initials, Surname, Address, Post Code, Telephone No., Email Address, Joining Date, Gift Aid Date.
In addition a series of Flags are also recorded:-
- Newsletter paper or web
- Third Age Matters paper or web
- Consent to use data
- Consent to use Bulk Mail Company for email mailing or not.
- Consent to share data with the company who oversees the distribution of the Third Age Matters magazine.
This data is held until a Member leaves Winchester U3A, when it is deleted from the spreadsheet. At any time a Member can change their data or consents by contacting the Membership Secretary and also ask for a copy of their data.
The paper Application Form will be archived as proof of the original Application meeting GDPR requirements. The data will only be used for the following activities:-
- To store it securely for membership purposes.
- To communicate with you as a U3A member.
- To share with group leaders for those groups that you are a member of.
- To send you general information about the Third Age Trust (the national organisation to which U3As are affiliated.
The Standing Order form will be handed to the Member’s Bank to arrange the Standing Order.
Some of the data held in the Spreadsheet will be extracted and used for the following purposes:-
- To mail copies of the paper Newsletter.
- To mail copies of Third Age Matters.
- To email Members using a Bulk Email Service provider.
- To email Group Leaders using a Bulk Email Service provider.
- To provide contact details on the Winchester U3A website, using a password so only members can access the data
To refresh data held and consents given every nn years all members will be asked to complete a Consent Renewal Form where they will be asked to re input their data and re specify their consent preferences. This data will be used to update the Membership spreadsheet and then the renewal information archived as proof of the Renewal Consent meeting GDPR requirements.